Molly Jane Charters – A Maine Tuna Charter Experience
There are some questions we get asked all the time, but here are a few of the ones we feel are most important to address.
How Do Deposits & Payments Work?
What Is Your Cancellation Policy?
Due to the logistics of planning out trips ahead of time, we have some restrictions around cancellations:
- Cancelations prior to 30 days before the charter date are fully refundable.
- If cancellation is less than 30 days from the charter, the deposit is refundable if we can find someone to fill your charter date in time.
- Cancelations 14 days or less from the time of the charter are non-refundable.
- If your charter is scheduled less than 14 days out, it isn’t eligible for a refund.
Rest assured, if your charter is canceled by the Captain due to weather or other safety-related concerns, you will be fully refunded, and we will work with you to reschedule as soon as possible.
Should We Be Tipping the Crew?
We always bring at least one mate on all charters to facilitate, dress fish and support the captain. Mates are essential to making your charter an amazing experience. The mate works for tips! A 15-20% tip is expected for their hard work. Believe us; they’re worth it!
How Many People Can Come On a Tuna Fishing Charter?
We are limited to a max of 6 guests on all charters. The boat is plenty big enough for six guests on groundfish trips & day tuna fishing trips. We have found that it is optimal to stick to just four guests on overnight trips. We can make it work, but it will be tight with 5-6, so get cozy!
How Long Do Fishing Charters Last?
What Is Included in the Price of a Charter?
Where Does Molly Jane Launch From?
Port Harbor Marine
1 Spring Point Dr.
South Portland, ME 04106
Here are directions for reaching Springpoint Marina by car.
- Take exit 45 off the Maine Turnpike
- After the toll booth, take the Broadway Exit
- At the stop sign at the end of the ramp, take a right and head east on Broadway
- The Marina is located at the very end of Broadway Road (Approximately 4.7 miles)
- Take the Forest Avenue South Exit 6A
- Follow Route 77 across Casco Bay Bridge
- Continue straight through the light after the bridge; this will put you on Broadway Road headed East
- Continue straight through the next three lights to the end of Broadway